NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, local and municipal laws. Contest begins on August 19, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 16, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
1. Eligibility: The #LoveTravels Contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who, as of August 19, 2014, are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions of permanent residence, whichever is greater and as of August 18, 2014 own a web-enabled mobile device.. Employees, officers, and directors of Marriott International, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is Marriott International, Inc., 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, MD 20817 USA. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.
3. How to Enter the Contest: To enter the Contest via Instagram, follow @LoveTravelsWithMe on Instagram and upload a photo of how #LoveTravels with you and include #LoveTravels, and #promo within the photo caption (“Post” or “entry”) to receive one (1) entry into that week’s (as defined below) Weekly Prize judging. You must have a public Instagram account to enter. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store. Including #LoveTravels, and #promo within your photo caption during the Contest Period constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules.
No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. Entries must be received during the Contest Period. For the purposes of this Contest, a “week” is defined as beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET each Tuesday and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET each Monday, with the exception of the last week, which will begin at 12:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, September 9, 2014 and end at 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, September 16, 2014. Entries will not be carried forward to subsequent week(s), if any. Limit one (1) entry per person, per day. For the purposes of this Contest, a “day” is defined as beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET each calendar day and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET the same calendar day. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and data/usage charges may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
• Captions must be in English.
• Entry may feature additional people in photo. If so, please make them aware that you are submitting their image in this Contest and that they agree to the submission of their image. If any additional person is a minor is his/her state of primary residence, entrant must be parent or legal guardian of minor depicted. If photo features additional people, they (or entrant as parent or legal guardian) may be required to sign a release form, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
• Entry must be your original idea (modification of an original work is not an original idea). Entries must not copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
• The entry must not have been submitted previously in a giveaway or promotion of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
• The entry must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
• Any entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including, but not limited to, nudity, or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group), violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc), or illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.).
• The entry must not contain or depict material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination, including without limitation, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. The entry must not contain or depict material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group, or world peace or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group.
• The entry must not contain any content that infringes or may infringe third party rights, including, without limitation, any copyright, name, trademark, logo, trade dress, or other personal or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, charities, slogans, political, or religious statements), or be otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, publicly displayed and publicly accessible Sponsor content, materials, or products are permitted to be displayed in entries submitted for this Contest.
• Any clothing shown in the photo should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party content or materials (but showing publicly displayed or publicly accessible Sponsor content, material, and products as described above is permitted).
• The entry must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other third-party (public or private), include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or name, address, phone number, or URL address. Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations.
• Photos may not be owned, taken or edited by a professional photographer.
• The entry must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
• Entrants and all submitted entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or entry will be disqualified from the Contest. The entry must not disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor.
• Entries must not reference any of Sponsor’s competitors.
Each entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, and display each submitted entry, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works therefrom, and agrees to execute documents confirming such right and license at Sponsor’s reasonable request. By entering, you understand that your entry may be screened by the Sponsor and may be posted online to the gallery, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest. No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules will be disclosed.
4. Determination of Winners: On or about the Wednesday following the close of each week, all eligible entries received for the previous week will be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives based on the following criteria:
1. 35% – Quality of photo;
2. 35% – Creativity and relevance of entry;
3. 30% – Quality of caption.
The entry from each week that receives the highest score from the judges will be deemed the potential Weekly Prize winner for that week, subject to verification. On or about September 24, 2014, the four (4) Weekly Prize winners will be re-judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives based on the above listed criteria to determine the Grand Prize winner. The Weekly Prize winner that receives the highest score from the judges will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie in either round of judging, tied entries will be re-judged based 100-percent (100%) on Creativity and relevance of entry.
Decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, entrants agree to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Under no circumstance will information regarding judging be shared with entrants.
5. Winner Notification: Potential Weekly Prize winners will be notified by direct message or comment on their entry from @LoveTravelsWithMe and confirmed via email. Potential Weekly Prize winners must respond to direct message/comment within 48 hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined and notified as indicated above.
Potential Weekly Prize winners will be sent via email an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) and Assignment of Rights (“Affidavit”) and will be required to compete, sign and return the Affidavit via email or fax within three (3) days of being notified in order to claim his/her prize.
The potential Grand Prize winner will be sent via email, a Grand Prize acceptance form and will be required to compete, sign and return the Grand Prize acceptance form via email or fax within three (3) of being notified in order to claim his/her prize.
If a potential winner fails to return the required document within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner determined as outlined in section 4 from among all remaining eligible entries received for that week (for Weekly Prize) or from among all remaining Weekly Prize winners (for Grand Prize). All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received each week.
Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final and BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A $2,000 Marriott GiftCard. Weekly Prize (four – one per week): A $500 Marriott GiftCard.
The total ARV of all prizes is $4,000.
Prize Restrictions: Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion if any advertised prize becomes unavailable. Winners are responsible for any loss of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize(s) not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Grand Prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual retail value of both prizes won. Gift cards are subject to restrictions. Marriott GiftCards may be used at participating JW Marriott®, EDITION℠, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott℠, Marriott Hotels & Resorts®, Gaylord Hotels®, Courtyard® by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites® by Marriott, SpringHill Suites® by Marriott, Residence Inn® by Marriott, TownePlace Suites® by Marriott and Marriott Vacation Club℠ and participating hotel outlets: retail, spa, golf and food and beverage. Marriott GiftCards may also be used at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels. Card carries no value until activated. Card is a prepaid card, not a credit card or debit card, and is the property of and issued by MI Fulfillment Services, LLC. This card does not expire. Card is not redeemable for cash in any amount except when otherwise required by applicable law. Card becomes inactive upon use of all card value. Card may not be used for deposit, advance purchase or to secure or confirm a reservation. Each transaction will be debited against card balance, if transaction exceeds balance, user must pay the difference. Lost, stolen or damaged cards will be replaced only if previously registered. Value of replaced card will equal balance on card at the time it was reported lost, stolen or damaged. To check card balance, call +1 800.442.6132. For questions, please contact the Customer Service Team via email at Gifts@marriott.com or dial +1 801.468.4167 Monday–Friday: 9 am–7pm EST / Saturday: 10 am–4:30pm EST. Transportation not included as part of Grand or Weekly Prizes. Blackout dates apply.
If applicable, in the event a winner and/or his/her guest(s) engage in behavior during a stay that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the stay early, and send that prize winner and/or guest(s) home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to prize winner and/or guest(s) (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in that prize winner’s disqualification from the Contest and forfeiture of any (and/or all) prize(s). In the event a prize winner or guest(s) engage in behavior during stay that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects that prize winner or guest(s) to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by prize winner or guest(s) as a result of such conduct.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, the Weekly Prize winners will be determined as outlined in section 4 above from among all eligible entries received each week prior to cancellation. Sponsor, Administrator, Instagram, and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor’s or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Contest; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Contest or suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) the Weekly Prize winners will be determined as outlined in section 4 above from among all eligible entries received each week up to time of impairment.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree that Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Nature of Relationship/Waiver of Equitable Relief: Each entrant understands and acknowledges that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the entry and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the entry. Finally, each entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor actual or alleged exploitation or use of any entry or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the entry or any material based on or allegedly based on the entry, and the entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Maryland or the appropriate State Court located in Maryland; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
14. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit LoveTravelsWithMe.com. For a list of winners available for ninety (90) days after October 1, 2014, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Marriott International, Inc. #LoveTravels Contest Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept BD), Melville, NY 11747 USA. Vermont residents may exclude return postage.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Marriott International, Inc. and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used in connection with this Contest or in connection with promotional or other activities of Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright ©2014 Marriott International. Marriott® and other trademarks and/or logos used herein are trademarks/logos of Marriott International, Inc. or other owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.